The Headteacher manages the school and is also a school governor. The Headteacher is responsible to the Governing Body, which is in turn responsible to the Local Education Authority (Cheshire East).
It is the duty of the Governors to:
- oversee the general conduct of the school
- monitor the effective delivery of a sound education based on the National Curriculum
- in consultation with the Headteacher, manage the budget, appoint teaching and non-teaching staff and ensure a continuing high standard of provision with regard to buildings, grounds, resources and equipment
- ensure high standards of safety within the school and promote good relations with the local community
The Governors identify very closely with the school and work in close partnership with staff and parents. They voluntarily undertake this demanding role because of their interest and desire to contribute to the continuing success of Lindow School.
- Finance & Resources
- Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare
- Curriculum & Achievement
Governors' Meetings 2022/2023
Our Governing Body follows a Code of Conduct, details can be found here.
The Governing Body is represented at Parents' Evenings and may organise informal meetings at which parents can discuss issues and concerns.
Governors & their responsibilities
|Mrs Jo Dunn||Chair; Co-opted Governor||All committees|
|Miss Zoe Wilson||Headteacher||All committees|
|Mrs Marie Griffiths||Co-opted Governor||F&R; PDBW|
|Mrs Jo Breakell||Vice-Chair; Co-opted Governor||PDBW; C&A (Co-Chair)|
|Mrs Kate Unwin||LEA Appointed Governor||PDBW; C&A (Co-Chair)|
|Mrs Laura Fleming||Co-opted Governor||F&R (Co-Chair); C&A|
|Mrs Hannah Senior||Parent Governor||F&R; PDBW (Chair)|
|Mr Gareth Jones||Co-opted Governor||F&R; C&A|
|Miss Lisa Oakes||Teacher; Staff Governor||PDBW; C&A|
|Mr Craig McGuire||Parent Governor||F&R; C&A|
|Mr Tom O'Keefe||Deputy Headteacher; Associate Governor||All committees|
Governors nominally sit on 2 or 3 committees but are able to attend any committee meeting if they wish.
Meet the Governors...
Please follow this link to read a short profile of our Governors and details of their attendance at Governing Body meetings.
(To contact the governors please email: firstname.lastname@example.org